Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: My urine doesn't smell like urine!

MomOf4 - Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:48 pm

When I go pee I notice that my pee is very strong smelling. The smell isnt unbearable. It doesnt even smell like urine. It is kinda like food or something.......like a potent protein smell or something that I cant quite explain. Any suggestions? I will take all suggestions or guesses that anyone has please. Thank you from Pennsylvania, and I am a female age 34.
Amy(MomOf4)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:30 am

User avatar Hi MomOf4,
An odd urine odor may have many possibilities. For example, inadequate water intake will make the urine more concentrated, urinary tract infections, (typically other symptoms are present) frequency/urgency/burning, the presence of protein in the urine, etc. I would suggest that you notify your physician and have a urinalysis to identify if there is an underlying infection, protein, etc.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us