Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: uti question after stent surgery and removal

lkelley05 - Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:39 pm

i had a kidney stone and a severe UTI about 2 weeks ago, i had surgery for the stent and was on CIPRO for 10 days and had the stent removed.
my question is why is my urine still smelly and cloudy, is it possible that i still have a UTI or a new one?
since the kidney stone i have drank tons of water and it does not burn when i urinate and the pain has passed over the stone.
should i contact my urologist?
any answers?
thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:57 am

User avatar Hi lkelley05,
A repeat urinalysis including a culture and sensitivity to rule out an underlying infection would be in order. I hope that you were re-evaluated by your Urologist.