Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Hardened plaque on penis when erect

willywonka2005 - Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:29 pm

Wha'ls up fella's?

I've developed a hardened piece of plaque at the base of my penis. i've got a slight bend at the base and i know it's Peyronies disease. However, i was wondering if the tissue of the penis was meant to feel like grissle or is it meant to be completly smooih when you have erection?

I've always had grissley penile tissus but the hardend piece of plaque is very palpable. I'm starting to wonder if i've got fibrous tissue all over my penis because of the textue?

How does the texture feel to you guy's when you have an erection?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:57 am

Peyronie's disease is an abnormal curve or bend in the penis during an erection.

Although the cause of Peyronie's disease is not known. It is thought that microvascular injury plays an important role in the pathology of this disease. Repeated injury to the small vessels leads to microscopic bleeding which leads to coagulation and fibrin deposition. Repeated fibrin deposition ultimately leads to a plaque formation. This usually occurs near the midline of the shaft.

Symptoms of Peyronie's disease include painful erection, penile curvature to varying degrees and only during erection and a fibrotic plaque greater than 1.5cm is usually felt in the midline either on the front or the back of the shaft.