Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Hardened plaque on penis when erect

willywonka2005 - Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:29 pm

Wha'ls up fella's?

I've developed a hardened piece of plaque at the base of my penis. i've got a slight bend at the base and i know it's Peyronies disease. However, i was wondering if the tissue of the penis was meant to feel like grissle or is it meant to be completly smooih when you have erection?

I've always had grissley penile tissus but the hardend piece of plaque is very palpable. I'm starting to wonder if i've got fibrous tissue all over my penis because of the textue?

How does the texture feel to you guy's when you have an erection?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:57 am

User avatar Hello,

Peyronie's disease is an abnormal curve or bend in the penis during an erection.

Although the cause of Peyronie's disease is not known. It is thought that microvascular injury plays an important role in the pathology of this disease. Repeated injury to the small vessels leads to microscopic bleeding which leads to coagulation and fibrin deposition. Repeated fibrin deposition ultimately leads to a plaque formation. This usually occurs near the midline of the shaft.

Symptoms of Peyronie's disease include painful erection, penile curvature to varying degrees and only during erection and a fibrotic plaque greater than 1.5cm is usually felt in the midline either on the front or the back of the shaft.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us