Question: Strange difficulties urinating (young male)

Sandworm - Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm only 23 and I'm experienced difficulties getting the urine out,.and finding myself having to visit the bathroom very frequently. These problems started about five years ago, and have slowly gotten to the point where they are now severe enough to really negatively affect my life. I often have to get up to urinate while sleeping, sometimes many times. It's also starting to interfere with my sex life, as I almost always have to visit the bathroom between the session.

When I was about 9, I experienced much more severe variations of these issues, and eventually I had to have my foreskin operated - it was apparently too tight. Could it be the same thing raising its head again?

Also, it's seriously affecting my excrement as well. Because I have difficult time urinating, it's also difficult to push the stool out sometimes. This seems especially strange, and I haven't found anything anything about it to read anywhere.

My prostate was examined by a doctor about two years ago, and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

Thanks in advance.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:04 am

User avatar Hi Sandworm,
Inflammation anywhere in the male urinary or reproductive tract may cause difficulty in starting urination, frequency, urgency, etc. Have you had any diagnostic studies, ie., urinalysis, culture and sensitivity, etc. completed recently to rule out a urinary tract infection? I would strongly suggest an evaluation by an Urologist for some diagnostic studies along with a physical evaluation to identify if there are abnormalities regarding the urinary system, prostate, epididymis etc. Be sure your physician is also aware that you have had a change in bowel habits.