Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Cystocele

happy one - Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:24 pm

I'm 50 yrs old and had a full hysterectomy at the age of 30.I've had multiple surgeries in the abdomen.My gynecologist just recently informed me that I've got a cystocele.Also he said that I need to be informed by state law that I need a biopsy done on my vulva due to two areas that have melanoma.I'm so very scared as over a yr ago he said it was fine and no biopsy was warranted.I also have had a polyp removed from my bladder also.I have Marginal B cell Lymphoma,Hepc,Arthritis due to the Hepc.Plus another Auto Immune diease of unknown origin.I'm seeing my Urologist on Monday to see exactly how and when I can get it fixed.My Gynecologist said that I probably have a rectocele as well.I just don't understand why I'm in so much pain all of a sudden.I have been tested for UTI and do not have one.My Urologist office told me that Cystoceles don't cause pain?I beg to differ as I'm in agony and feel like my bladder is being pulled out between my legs.If you have some insite to any of this I would really appreciate it. Sincerly Brenda Hart
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:22 am

User avatar HI happy one,
When the pelvic floor weakens (due to a variety of factors) certain organs displace into areas that they are not suppose to be located. Mild cystoceles may be asymptomatic (cause no symptoms) but when progression occurs to the extent that the bladder prolapses into the vagina, of course treatment is required. Symptoms may range from urinary incontinence, fullness, discomfort, pain, recurrent infections, etc. Pain at varying degrees is a subjective sign expressed by a patient. For another person to state that this particular condition isn't at all painful is essentially absurd. I hope all went well with your evaluation and follow up. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us