Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Weird Urinating

linangel85 - Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:19 pm

20 yr old female.

No past surgeries
One past UTI four years ago. Frequent yeast infections the past year.
No family history of anything
Current on Seasonale (birth control.)

When I pee, it doesn't come out in a straight line. It sort of pours and trickles out and goes all over me -- on the area of my legs next to my crotch and also probably over/in my vagina. Is this a problem and is it possible that is the reason I keep getting yeast infections?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm

Difficulty voiding or abnormalities of the urine stream are usually due to partial obstruction at the level of the bladder or urethra. Absolute obstruction at that level ultimately leads to anuria.

Symptoms may include any of the following:

Hesitancy, intermittency, terminal dribbling (dribbling at the end of voiding): These can be caused by a decrease in the size and force of the urinary stream.

Urgency, urinary frequency and nocturia (a need to urinate at night): These symptoms can result from an incomplete emptying and rapid refilling of the bladder.

Straining to void, painful micturition can result on attempting to overcome a partial obstruction.

Anuria: complete obstruction can result in complete cessation of micturition.

Other symptoms may include inability to control the urine flow (incontinence). Burning or stinging with urination can also be a symptom. There may be flank pain or pain on both sides. The patient may have blood in the urine, or an abnormal color to the urine.

Causes:

This condition can occur in both men or in women. Men usually get a blockage caused by an enlarged prostate. In women, it is much less common, but can be caused by a condition known as bladder cystocele. Other causes can be bladder tumors, tumors of the prostate, and tumors or other structures around the bladder neck or urethra. It can also be a result of strictures in any part of the urinary tract.

In some cases women may have a condition known as a paraurethral cyst (also known as Skene's glands). They are located in the urethrovaginal wall at the opening into the urethra. This appears as a tense, glistening, white or yellow mass reducing the size of the urethral opening.

I would recommend you book an appointment with your doctor and have him check it out.