Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: pinis problem

ant23 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 am

hi i am anthony a 27 year old male suffering with a closing of the hole in my penis thus resulting in the passing of urine taking up to half an hour aswell as more regular visits to the loo. the end of my penis is very tender and i find it virtually impossible to pass urine first thing in the morning or just after sex. i was circumcised when i was 4 at the very tip of my penis it feels hard as if there is something under my skin. today there was a white substance on the tip near the hole when i went the loo.
this has been going on for about 8 weeks now and work is virtually impossible.

thanks in advance for your help
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:46 pm

I can't stress enough the need for you to see your doctor immediately. Please have it checked before the holidays.

This could be a condition known as balanitis (inflammation of the glans penis). Symptoms include, penile discharge; inability to retract foreskin (a condition known as phimosis); impotence; difficulty urinating or controlling urine stream (in very severe cases); inability to insert a Foley catheter and tenderness of the glans penis. Physical signs include, erythema and edema; inability to visualize glans penis or urethral meatus; discharge; ulceration and/or plaques.

As you can see this usually more common with uncircumcised men. However, it can occur those that are circumcised as well.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.

Keep us updated.