Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: pinis problem

 ant23 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 am

hi i am anthony a 27 year old male suffering with a closing of the hole in my penis thus resulting in the passing of urine taking up to half an hour aswell as more regular visits to the loo. the end of my penis is very tender and i find it virtually impossible to pass urine first thing in the morning or just after sex. i was circumcised when i was 4 at the very tip of my penis it feels hard as if there is something under my skin. today there was a white substance on the tip near the hole when i went the loo.
this has been going on for about 8 weeks now and work is virtually impossible.

thanks in advance for your help
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:46 pm

User avatar Hello,

I can't stress enough the need for you to see your doctor immediately. Please have it checked before the holidays.

This could be a condition known as balanitis (inflammation of the glans penis). Symptoms include, penile discharge; inability to retract foreskin (a condition known as phimosis); impotence; difficulty urinating or controlling urine stream (in very severe cases); inability to insert a Foley catheter and tenderness of the glans penis. Physical signs include, erythema and edema; inability to visualize glans penis or urethral meatus; discharge; ulceration and/or plaques.

As you can see this usually more common with uncircumcised men. However, it can occur those that are circumcised as well.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.

Keep us updated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us