Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Help.. Blood where it shouldn't be.

twlls - Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:25 pm

I am 17 years old and for the past day I have noticed blood in my semen. There is no pain involved, and no blood in my urine afterwards. So today I went to the internet and read quite a few medical forums. Some said to immediately contact a urologist and others said just wait two weeks.

So my question is this:
if I wait two weeks before seeing a doctor, would it be too late to take care of a prostate problem?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:09 pm

Dear Twlls,

I advice you to seek medical assistance, at least do a urine and semen analysis and pelvic +/- transrectal ultrasound.

have you had a trauma in your pelvis or penis lately? as for prostate problems, supposedly you are too young for that.

twlls - Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:19 pm

No, i haven't had any trauma in or near either.

Would you say what is happening is really serious?

Is it common?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:44 am

Dear Twlls,

We have to know how much blood comes out and is it in semen or in urine so if you can go to your GP and do the analysis that would be very helpful to point us to the direction where we can reach a diagnosis.It can be as simple as an infection, but we have to make sure.

best regards,