Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Boyfriend's unexplained penis growth

vanessa23 - Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi, I'm asking this question about my 23 year old boyfriend. He knows his body very well and I know him very well, so I 100% believe him when he swears that his penis has grown 1-2 inches in the last few weeks. I also know he is not taking any supplements because he's always been more than satisfied with his size. However, he thinks this is a miracle and should be celebrated. I, however, think something might be medically wrong, and that he should consult a doctor, because it just doesn't grow at this age, right? He also had a headache and stomach pain over the week, but that has since dissipated, so they may be unrelated symptoms. Can you shed some light on what might be going on? Thank you.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:19 pm

User avatar Hello,

To my knowledge, once puberty is complete, the penis reaches its adult size, and normally it is not expected to grow further.

I do not know how did he do the measurement for the penis size.
I think he better follows up with his Doctor.

Best regards
 dataha259 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Did you ever find out why this happened to your boyfriend? Have you discovered the secret that so many men are looking for? Please share the wealth if you have.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:02 am

User avatar Hi vanessa23 ,
I fully agree with Dr.Safaa Mahmoud.I will explain why...

Penile size is variable, depending upon the time of the day, extent of sexual arousal,seasons, etc etc.There is no 'resting' size...I do not believe so (personal opinion).
Penile growth stops sometime shortly after puberty. Just like our bones do not continue to grow for ever, penis also (Thank God!) does not continue to grow.
To site one undisputable fact, even androgen (testosterone) producing tumors of the adrenal glands in adult males for example, are not known to produce penile enlargement as part of their symptomatology.
But....If one is happy due to perceived penile enlargement, so be it!! Let us not dispute it. But science does not seem to support it.Cheers!!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us