Question: Help, concerned with small bumps

Dagget - Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:29 am

Dear readers,

Hi, I'm a 15 year old, who has recently noticed a large number of small bumps, which appear to be under the skin, on the backside of my penis. I'm unaware as to whether they are permanent, a result of puberty, or if they're normal and am seeking a response! They are quit small, however they make the backside of my penis look quite odd. As you know im at the age where it is possible that i may be experimenting oral sex and I really want to get rid of these odd bumps. I'm embarassed to tell my parents in order to see my doctor, and I just wanted to make sure whether this is something I should be concerned about.

Yours in anticipation,
Daniel
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:43 pm

User avatar It is likely that what you are describing is normal. There are many glands and hair follicles along the penis that often look like little bumps.

If you are concerned I would recommend that you be seen by your doctor for a physical examination. This will allow definite diagnosis.

Hope this helps.