Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Sperm came out instead of Urine

Mike - Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:28 am

I experienced something very weird the other day. I was going to the bathroom, and while I was on the toilet doing #2, I began to see spem come out of my penis. It wasn't that much, but it was still a good amount. It didn't feel like I was ejaculating, and It was not like I had sex or ejaculated right before I went to the bathroom. This has never happened before, and this was totally different then when I pee after sex and can see discoloration in my urine. I'm just wondering if this has happened before, and if this is a problem. I'm perfectly healthy and have no problems down there.

Thanks, Mike
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm

User avatar Hello,

You should first go for urine analysis to confirm the presences of sperms (ejaculate) in urine. A urinalysis should be done shortly after ejaculation.

Normally the bladder neck prevents the ejaculate to go backwards and mix with urine.

In some individuals this mechanism is disturbed like in diabetic patients, individuals with prostate enlargement etc. This is known as retrograde ejaculation, some cases are mild and respond well to treatment. Excess masturbation is associated with similar condition, some doctors reported.

Keep us updated.
Best regards.
 Dr. A. Rajput - Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:32 am

User avatar As suggeted by Dr. Safaa Mahmoud, you must go for urine examination. I would like to add one more point. Pus in urine can be mistaken for semen(sperms) due to its colour. So urinary tract infection too should be ruled out.

So urine examination is a must, just to diagnose/rule out few causes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us