Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Sperm came out instead of Urine

Mike - Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:28 am

I experienced something very weird the other day. I was going to the bathroom, and while I was on the toilet doing #2, I began to see spem come out of my penis. It wasn't that much, but it was still a good amount. It didn't feel like I was ejaculating, and It was not like I had sex or ejaculated right before I went to the bathroom. This has never happened before, and this was totally different then when I pee after sex and can see discoloration in my urine. I'm just wondering if this has happened before, and if this is a problem. I'm perfectly healthy and have no problems down there.

Thanks, Mike
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm

You should first go for urine analysis to confirm the presences of sperms (ejaculate) in urine. A urinalysis should be done shortly after ejaculation.

Normally the bladder neck prevents the ejaculate to go backwards and mix with urine.

In some individuals this mechanism is disturbed like in diabetic patients, individuals with prostate enlargement etc. This is known as retrograde ejaculation, some cases are mild and respond well to treatment. Excess masturbation is associated with similar condition, some doctors reported.

Keep us updated.
 Dr. A. Rajput - Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:32 am

User avatar As suggeted by Dr. Safaa Mahmoud, you must go for urine examination. I would like to add one more point. Pus in urine can be mistaken for semen(sperms) due to its colour. So urinary tract infection too should be ruled out.

So urine examination is a must, just to diagnose/rule out few causes.