Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: urine...

borninlbc - Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm sorry but i didnt know where else i should post this topic......

I recently recieved a supply of omega-3 and ive noticed that after a few hours of taking it, my urine becomes much brighter in color...

Is it normal for the color of your urine to change by taking vitamins or food supplements?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Most temporary changes in urine color are caused by foods, medications, supplements taken.

You did not also report any symptoms suggestive of renal problem like frequency, dysuria, or pain.

It is highly possible that the changes you have noticed are due to the supplements you are using as they occur after its intake and it is reported by many who administer food supplement.