Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: perineal pain

 dmv90 - Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:07 am

im a 16 year old male. recently(6 or 7 weeks ago) i'v been having pains in the base of my penis,or the perineal as my doctor called it. the pain is on my urethris. it doesnt hurt when i urinate but only when i push or put presure on the area. there is also pain when i squeeze the last few drops of urine out, using the reflex the penis has.

my doctor said that the pain was benign and he couldnt feel anything wrong with me,however im still worried. there has been some discharge sometimes but it is clear and feels like semem.

some advice?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:35 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities that you should consider. Are you sexually active? If so, several STD's can cause a urethritis. Typically this would give pain with urination but should be look for anyway. Also, a prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) can produce a discharge and pain.

Have you had a urinalysis performed? This would be helpful in evaluating for inflammatory conditions as well as a urinary tract infection (less likely given no burning with urination).

Hope this helps.
 raod - Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Dr. Chan,

I'm 24 years old. I about 4 months back had an anal fissure surgery. I was going through this pain from last 1 year and finally got the surgery about 4 months back.
During the surgery they found a module inside my anus and they got it checked from the laboratory. Results came and it was normal then they did endoscopy and it was normal too. My problem is that i am having pain in the perineum part from last 3 months now... it hurts as soon as i get the erection, it doesn't hurt anymore when i take the stool but after sometimes it starts hurting not like how it used to hurt but there is a constant irritation for hours and then it goes back to normal. It all depends on my bowel moment if the bowel is hard it gets irritated and it starts hurting. I have talked to many doctors and all they do is give me pain killers and tell me to not think about it but it get so irritated that i can't sit properly, walk properly. It's not chronic as how it used to be before the surgery thou. I sometimes feel pain in my portrait area too... and doctors just call it inflammatory pain or something. I don't know what to do anymore. i get an urge that stool is coming but when i go sit in the toilet it doesn't come and that place gets irritated again.

Please help...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us