Question: ache in scrotum

rated_2006 - Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:31 pm

im 26 yr old male, no past surgeries, no meds, no family history of thisi got a ache in my groin which comes and goes, its not to painfull on the left side, the spermatic cord on that side becomes very swollen at times, bigger than the other side, the Epididymis on that side is also a bit more senstive to touch, there no lump on testicle, sometimes there is a slight heat sensation in the scrotum down the left side too. often when there is this ache it is accompanied by a burning down the front of my left leg (thigh) at the same time (they seem to coinside with each other) dunno if there a link there?

it comes and goes

anyone have any ideas?

thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:34 pm

User avatar Your symptoms may be that of intermittent testicular torsion. This is when the testis twists around on the spermatic cord that carries the blood vessels to the testis cutting off blood flow. When the testis does not untwist it can cause the testis to die. Generally testicular torsion is quite painful so this may not be what is going on.

I advise you to see your doctor about this for evaluation as there are a few other causes of the symptoms you are describing. If you begin to experience significant pain you should see a doctor right away. Testicular torsion is considered a medical emergency.

Hope this helps some.