Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: do i have penile cancer?

yunggredd53 - Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:54 pm

i am 18 years old and i am a circumsized.and since like the 8th grade (im in 12th) i have had this white patch of skin..not very large at all on the shaft of the penis..right below the circumsion scar..i can squeeze some puss out..but very little if not non at all...i have always been a clean person..and jus recently..like janurary december..anotha white patch ofskin has came up..but this time on my scrotum..it seems 2 b regaining its color back but im kinda worried because ive had that patch of white on my penis since i was like 13 n i jus wanted 2 kno the likely hood of this bein penile cancer..cause i don't want it to be to late. ive looked up siymptoms n i show none of them.tho sometimes veery rarely i wil get a throbbing pain from the begining of my penis where it first sticks out.i kno u can not diagnois this over the interet..do you think its a fungus i got or jus hypopigmentation or is it what i really fear penile cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:14 pm

User avatar It is quite possible that you may have a fungal skin infection. Penile cancer is pretty unlikely at your age and given that you are circumcised.

I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor. If it is a fungal infection there are medications that can clear it up.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us