Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Haning ureteroscopy next week

JKF - Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:29 am

My doctor had a spiral ct scan done and it showed I have a calculi in my right kidney. I have been having pain in my right flank for quite a while. It is getting worse and more frequent so he is going to go in and take it out. I think he is going to use laser as well. I will be having a g eneral anasthetic and a stint will be put in afterwards. Is this a difficult thing to go through. It sounds rather scary. I am not going to back out of it, I just would like a little information. Thank you. JKF
 JKF - Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:20 pm

I had the uteroscopy. It was successful. The stone was crushed. I had a lot of pain and cramps when I had the stint in. I pullled the string and the string came out rather painlessly to my great relief. It is a week later from the procedure and my kidney no longer hurts and the pain from the stint is gone and the only thing left is the extreme tiredness which always happens to me for a while after surgery. JKF

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us