Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Haning ureteroscopy next week

JKF - Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:29 am

My doctor had a spiral ct scan done and it showed I have a calculi in my right kidney. I have been having pain in my right flank for quite a while. It is getting worse and more frequent so he is going to go in and take it out. I think he is going to use laser as well. I will be having a g eneral anasthetic and a stint will be put in afterwards. Is this a difficult thing to go through. It sounds rather scary. I am not going to back out of it, I just would like a little information. Thank you. JKF
 JKF - Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:20 pm

I had the uteroscopy. It was successful. The stone was crushed. I had a lot of pain and cramps when I had the stint in. I pullled the string and the string came out rather painlessly to my great relief. It is a week later from the procedure and my kidney no longer hurts and the pain from the stint is gone and the only thing left is the extreme tiredness which always happens to me for a while after surgery. JKF