Question: Penis infection swollen please help pls.

italian222 - Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 am

Hello, I am a 34 yo male. I normally am sexually active but because of work I havent had sex in about 3 months. Two days ago I noticed pain and redness near the tip of my penis. Now its worse with pin head sized brown scabs, about 4, and a swallon shaft. I bought cranberry pills and started taking Augmentin that I had from an ear infection last year. There was some white puss like discharge after urination once, and it seems to get more irritated with urination. Please help, Im very worried, but somewhat releaved I have not been sexually active for a while, thanks,

Italian
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 pm

User avatar You may have an infection of your urethra, the skin of the penis, or possibly of your prostate.

I recommend that you see your doctor to get cultures and an evaluation. Also, I would recommend that you not take the augmentin any more until you see your doctor. The antibiotics will make diagnosis more difficult. Augmentin may not adequately cover some bacteria that may be causing the infection.