Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: blood in urine/with pain

poohcarr - Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:21 am

My husband 3 weeks ago at his doctor visit was told they found blood in his urine.He has had severe pain in his back and groin/hip area for about 6 months now.He is 49 yrs. old with diabetes,high blood presssure,cholerstol,and heart trouble.He has in the past week starting having severe stomach pain also.They want to do another urine sample on him,but my husband seems to think it not necessary.Help!,WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE GOING ON.Should I pressure him to go.Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:58 pm

User avatar Blood in the urine in association with back/abdominal pain is very suspicious for a kidney stone. I would recommend your husband see his doctor again. He may possibly need a CT scan to look for stones.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us