Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Pain during ejaculation

 MCRAIKE37 - Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:23 pm

I am 29 year old and male. I have pain in the right side of my scrotum that extends into my right extreme upper thigh during ejaculation. I have been screened for prostate problems and have had a colonoscopy in the past year with normal results. I have no pain other than during ejaculation. This has been going on for about 9 months and is present about 90% of the time during ejaculation. Meaning occaisionally it is not present during ejaculation. Could this be some kind of torsion or seminal blockage? It is a moderate pain, not excruciating nor mild.

Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:19 pm

User avatar It is possible that you may have a tortuous vas deferens (the tube that carries the semen) that is causing pain with ejaculation but I am not aware that this actually occurs.

If you also have pain on urination this would indicate inflammation of the urethra beyond where the vas deferens connects to the urethra.

Perhaps you have an inflamed muscle. Ejaculation causes contraction of multiple muscles. If one was "pulled" it could cause pain similar to straining a muscle in another part of the body.

I really cannot come up with a great reason for this. I would recommend you see a urologist to help diagnose your problem and determine a treatment course.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us