Question: Vaginal Milky discharge with itching and burning - pain

Paolitta - Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 am

Hi, Im a 24 year old female. and here's whats happening.

My symptoms:
- Vaginal Milky discharge with itching and burning
- Bladder/Pelvic pain with tenderness
- Burning after urinating and worsening of pelvic and back pain
- Sudden urge to urinate.
- Lower and Upper back pain and tenderness
- Back pain and front pain never connect (as it does with kidney infection or stones)
- Back pain is all around constantly but also theres a sharper pain that travels my back upwards and stops a little before my shoulders. (Almost like waves)

It all started about 10 days ago when i had and still have a
I went to see my Gynocologist and as a routine check up, they tested my urine. They found blood in it, microscopicly (Hematuria). She also swabbed me for STDs and other cultures.
Suspecting I had UTI she gave me atibiotics for treating UTI.
As I started with the antibiotics, I started suffering from back pain and pelvic pain.
The results for UTI and STDs and other cultures she did all came back NEGATIVE

Now I suffer from all the symptoms I mentioned above.
When I went to see my primary care doctor. He was suspecting Kidney or Bladder infection or just simply Kidney stones but thought the pain and symptoms I have were rather strange.

I was in the Emergency Room two nights ago and I''ve had
- Vaginal Ultrasound
- Abdominal Ultrasound to check ovaries, kidneys, uterus, bladder...
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- CAT Scan
ALL NEGATIVE except the unexplainable Blood in the urine and the severe pain with the discharge.
With two doctors in the ER they still could not figure out why I have these symptoms
They sent out blood to do some CRP(C-reactive protein) and ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) testing. The results are not back yet.
Meanwhile they gave me some pain medicine, for the severe pains I have and yet the pain pills are not working as strong as they should.
First day on the pain meds, the rhumatism residue I have in my knee started to hurt. (I had rhumatism when I was young and got treated for it)
The second day my throat hurts.
Third day (today the 29th) i woke up with a really strong pressure/pain front and back. I felt like i was a squised sanwich.

Any ideas? I really don't know how to categorize this but I noticed topics about blood in urine in The Urology Topics.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:36 pm

User avatar Given your discharge I would suspect that you have an infection either in the urinary tract or in the genital tract. You may want to try an empiric treatment for a yeast infection. It may also be a good idea to try an empiric treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia if STD's are possible. The testing for these are not 100% sensitive and may miss some infections.

I would recommend you follow up with your gynecologist. You may also want to have the calcium level in your urine tested. Even without stones, elevated calcium in the urine can cause blood and pain.

Paolitta - Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Thank you so much for your answer Dr. Lowe

I just wanted to give you an update. Maybe help clarify some things.

I forgot to mention how this thing started. When i had the burning, itching milky discharge. My gynecologist put me on yeast infection treatment without seing me, which did not help but only reduced a little of the burning.
I was tested for: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomoniasis, Bacterial Infections and Yeast Infection. Both with my gynecologist and then tested in the hospital and all results were negative.
I also have not been sexual active for at least a few years.
It is possible that these negative test results could be wrong and i still can have one of these infections and/or diseases?

My ESR test results came back and the rate is 25. while maximum rate for a female of my age is 20. Does this mean i have an infection?

My gynecologist has informed me that she feels she cannot do anything else and that is up to ca urologist or my primary doctor to handle this issue even though i continue to have burning and pain when i urinate and a white milky discharge.. So im confused. Is this a gynecological issue or is this not?

My urine was tested with my primary care doctor, my gynecologist and the doctors in the ER. I am assuming that at some point a calcium test would have been done as a routine check up. is that true?

I am suffering from constipation and i get extreme pain and fatigue right before i have to go to the bathroom accompanying with the same crawling up around my back pain that i mentione earlier.

My urine has had this white dusty/powedery substance dispersed throughout it for a long time but yesterday the substance came out as if a spoon of poweder was dumped onto the urine so it was more in a concentrated area.
Ive been drinking an extreme amount of water and this morning my urine was clear and i couldn't tell if there was any white powder substance in it.
Also when i drink alot i am experiencing pain in my lower abdomen/pelvic aread which is a little stronger than the initial pain i had.

This is very frustrating because no one seems to have any answers for me, the doctors are not able to tell me whats really happening. Im really hoping that you could offer some insight.