Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Left testicle "twitch"

 going crazyyy - Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 pm

hi. 23 years old, male, no past surgeries and no family medical conditions. Early February had a testicular ultrasound which revealed a "small bilateral hydroceles" and a "tiny hypoechoic nodule measuring 6mm in the head of the epididymis, which likely represents a small epididymal cyst". Doctor told me it was nothing to worry about, everything is relatively normal. Today, almost 2 months later, i am experiencing a sort of twitch in my left testicle. At times i can visibly see it pulsating or both testicles moving on their own when i'm lying down. Can you offer me any insight as to the "twitch" or why they are moving on their own?

Thank you very much.
 going crazyyy - Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:24 pm

somebody? anybody? pleaseeeeee
 woofer - Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm a twitcher (but not where you're twitching). It is probably what you call a benign fasciculation and not related to your other issue. Usually caused by stress/worry. Do a search on benign fasciculation syndrome or bfs, and I'll bet you find people that have had your twitch.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm

User avatar Hi,
What you noted were probably intermittent contractions of the cremaster muscle (involuntary) which quite normal (it probably happens in most people, but one doesn't become aware of it!).
Please do not go about researching topics such as the 'Benign fasiculation syndrome'-as this may worsen your apprehensions.
It is best to ignore it. In case you are still worried, consult a urologist.Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us