Question: liver function and viagra

MrNoName1 - Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 pm

I m 28 yo and I had CMV (started early Jan '07, probably finished already). The last blood test, done 2 weeks ago showed that the GOP is 34 (range 15-40) and GPT 48 (range 4-41). Im sure it got better in these 2 weeks.
I wondered if its ok to use the 25mg viagra already or there is high risk to my liver?
I m feeling great, no sign for the CMV anymore.
Before catching the CMV I used from time to time the viagra (25mg).

Thanks a lot !!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:38 pm

User avatar Your liver enzymes at the time they were checked were essentially normal. 25 mg is the dose recommended for those with liver damage. As such, I suspect it is OK to use the Viagra.

However, I would advise you to talk with your doctor about this as there may be other issues that I am not aware of.