Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: After Urination I feel like I'm not done.

stratton46 - Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 pm

I'm 18 years old and am a male. Whenever I am done urinating I feel like there is more in my penis so instead of just pulling up my pants and leaving, I get some toilet paper and i kind of milk the rest of the urine out. Am I going paranoid or is this something to be curious about? There is never any pain and I have no diseaes.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 am

User avatar Dear Stratton46:
Have you ever had a prostrate exam? The prostrate gland encirles the urethra and if it is enlarged it can restrict the flow of urine. While enlarged prostrates are usually thought of as disease of the middle aged or elderly it is not unknown for younger men to have it as well. Also a urinary tract infection can cause a feeling of not completely finishing urinating. A check up is needed to test the urine for infection and if you have one, a simple course of antibiotics should clear it up. So without a check up it is not possible to know what is causing the problem.
Best wishes,
Carolyn LPN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us