Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: After Urination I feel like I'm not done.

stratton46 - Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 pm

I'm 18 years old and am a male. Whenever I am done urinating I feel like there is more in my penis so instead of just pulling up my pants and leaving, I get some toilet paper and i kind of milk the rest of the urine out. Am I going paranoid or is this something to be curious about? There is never any pain and I have no diseaes.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 am

User avatar Dear Stratton46:
Have you ever had a prostrate exam? The prostrate gland encirles the urethra and if it is enlarged it can restrict the flow of urine. While enlarged prostrates are usually thought of as disease of the middle aged or elderly it is not unknown for younger men to have it as well. Also a urinary tract infection can cause a feeling of not completely finishing urinating. A check up is needed to test the urine for infection and if you have one, a simple course of antibiotics should clear it up. So without a check up it is not possible to know what is causing the problem.
Best wishes,
Carolyn LPN