Question: Peyronie's disease ??? unsure

greg - Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:46 pm

40yr old, male diagnosed as Peyronie's disease
Meds: Vardenafil

At the end Nov of last year I was severely dehydrated from being sick, during a bathroom break I noticed a pee sized lump in the center of my penis about an inch from the end. I really did not think much about it as I was that dehydrated. My wife and I are very sexually active together, and during the month of Dec I was in school and away from my her so instead I masturbated (2-3 times /day) no pain or discomfort. At the end of the month when I came home the first time making love, I had trouble having/ maintaining an erection even with half a pill and was forced to stop. The next day I used a whole pill and when my penis had a full erection the last inch or so was very painful, this lasted for 1-2 minutes (this has happened several times). Everything was normal until I had my orgasm, it felt as if it was blocked at or near the lump until the second spasm and then a huge release and everything was normal. Since then I have had one or two painful ejaculations (burning sensation) at the penis end, sometimes there is pain at first (almost like the pressure in the head is to much however to the touch it is not), sometimes we need to change positions because it is to painful to me to continue. On 2 or 3 occasions in January as the orgasm approached and movements were a little less controlled it felt as if my penis popped followed by a very sharp pain (best way to describe it is to break the joint/ cartilage on a piece of chicken) my wife even felt it. Several times there has been no pain what so ever. If you feel the lump from the side it feels like there is a grove in the center, sometimes it is hardly noticeable, sometimes there is discomfort when touched (the lump) more so after intercourse. There is no lump when erect, there is no bend and I do not believe its length has changed (it’s been along time since I was concerned how big it was and taken a measurement), but a lot of time when the penis is flaccid it is a lot shorter, like when it’s cold outside. I have seen 2GP who had no idea and one urologist that felt it and said it was Peyronie's disease and to come back in a year. Now it seems to me as if the limp has moved towards the base ¼ to ½ of an inch. I have doubts this is Peyronies and I’m wondering if this is possibly a fracture if it is how or can this be repaired?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:08 pm

User avatar Peyronie's disease is a relatively uncommon condition in which a fibrous band forms along the top or underside of the penis. When erect, this band pulls the penis into a curved position that can cause pain/difficulty with intercourse.

If I am understanding your description correctly, you are not experiencing a curvature of your penis when erect. This makes Peyronie's even less likely (essentially ruled out) as the technical definition of the disease is a fibrous band that causes curvature of the penis.

It is possible to "fracture" the penis. This is when the corpus cavernosum that is mainly responsible for erection becomes damaged, often during trauma from the erect penis being bent acutely. This condition is quite painful and considered a surgical emergency to help prevent erectile dysfunction later.

I would strongly recommend you follow up with your urologist and possibly seek a second opinion for your symptoms.

greg - Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 pm

DR Lowe Thank You for responding to this, I rember one painful incident last year but the penis was not bent to any degree, more like like jaming a finger. also any thoughts on why this lump shifted positions? I am attempting to get a second appointment, I am stationed overseas and the military does not have anyone staffed for Urology, so I must get approved to go off base. I will post the out come of my next appointment and again Thank You