Question: Dry/Flaky & Torn Skin on Penis

jhuynh - Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:33 am

I am 19 year old male and recently, I have noticed that on some areas on the foreskin of my penis has become dry and flaky. I have never had a problem like this before. At the time I thought nothing of it. However when my penis fully erected several areas surrounding the foreskin have torn, causing broken skin because of the expansion. It does not itch, or irritate me, it only hurts when the broken skin is expanded or touched. At the moment I have not consulted a doctor and have started treating it with a moisturizing cream. I would like to know what I have and how to treat, also if it transferable during intercourse? My girlfriend and I are our first and only partners. Is there anything I can pickup at a local pharmacy to treat this without a perscription? Please let me know if there is any other additional information I can provide to help in a diagnosis.

Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:14 pm

User avatar You may have a fungal (yeast) infection of the skin or possibly just irritated skin from moisture, etc.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for an evaluation to ensure you get the proper treatment.