Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Calcified Mass Bottom of Bladder

b8tzm - Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:38 pm

My pee had light colored blood in it for a week-10 days
I had lower back pain and a little burning nothing major
When it turned dark brown I went to my Dr (Family Medicine)
He looked at my pee under a microscope and said it was 4.5 out of 5. He ordered an IVP for me
The IVP disclosed a calcified mass on the floor of my bladder.
I was told to see a Urology Dr
I have an appt in a week

What do I potentially have
Is it a tumor that needs to be biopsied?
Are these tumors usually benign the majority of the time

I am stressed out big time. We are scheduled to go to Europ in 2 weeks for 2 weeks,

Should I wait until I get back to take care of this?

Please help me I am recovering from lung surgery was in hospital 10 days beginning of year and still have fractured ribs etc

Thanks for any and all assistance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 05, 2007 6:08 pm

User avatar I think the most likely thing is that you had a kidney stone that has now passed into the bladder. This would explain your pain and the blood as well.

Your urologist may want to do a cystoscopy (use a small camera to inspect the inside of the bladder) to get a better idea of what is going on if there is still some question.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us