Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Paerly Penile Papules - Treatment

walker82 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:25 am

Ive been to my doctor about 2 years ago. Showed him my penis and he didnt know what these lumps were and sent me to a GUM clinic. Went there and got diagnosed with Pearly penile paules. They told me they are nothing to worry about. However, they are really big and unsightly and its putting of sexual partners and i cannot tie a relationship down as i now have no confidence.
I went back to the doctors a few months ago and a different doctor still never heard or seen of them and so he sent me to a urologist. I went to the urologist as he didnt know what they were or heard of pearly penile papules. He said i needed to see a dermatologist.

Im now going to go for private treatment but do i need to see a urologist or a dermatologist?
I want to have the CO2 laser treatment.

Thanks for any help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 pm

User avatar I would suggest you see a dermatologist. They are the specialists in skin and are the ones that do laser skin treatments.