Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Paerly Penile Papules - Treatment

 walker82 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:25 am

Ive been to my doctor about 2 years ago. Showed him my penis and he didnt know what these lumps were and sent me to a GUM clinic. Went there and got diagnosed with Pearly penile paules. They told me they are nothing to worry about. However, they are really big and unsightly and its putting of sexual partners and i cannot tie a relationship down as i now have no confidence.
I went back to the doctors a few months ago and a different doctor still never heard or seen of them and so he sent me to a urologist. I went to the urologist as he didnt know what they were or heard of pearly penile papules. He said i needed to see a dermatologist.

Im now going to go for private treatment but do i need to see a urologist or a dermatologist?
I want to have the CO2 laser treatment.

Thanks for any help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 pm

User avatar I would suggest you see a dermatologist. They are the specialists in skin and are the ones that do laser skin treatments.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us