Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Redness and UTI Symptons

seifera2004 - Tue May 01, 2007 7:59 am

Im 19 yrs old, male, I went to a Dr at Somerville Hospital who is a Urologist, my problem is I always feel like I gotta go, also the head of my penis is always red where the slit is, and there is always a pain and burning when I am goin or not. Also, just an observation of my own, when I masturbate or eat certain foods the symptoms flare. I haven't had any surgeries or procedures for it, I have a variety of other problems that range from Vertigo, Acid Reflux and a wide range of stomach problems.I also have alot of food allergies No one in my family has ever had anything like this before. The Dr I saw put me on Detrol LA for the bladder urges sadly it doesn't help much and it also stops me from goin when I know I gotta go, if you have any ideas please let me know, I have had this for close to 2yrs now and altho it is slowly gettin better, it still disrupts my life
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 12, 2007 1:52 pm

User avatar I think it is unlikely that your symptoms are due to a urinary tract infection. It sounds as if you have irritation of your urethra. Infection is possible but given the length of time with your symptoms I would be suspicious of some irritation from contact (such as a mild irritation from your soap, etc.).

I would recommend you follow up with the urologist and let him know the medication isn't helping.