Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Pain in Urethra

raj101 - Wed May 02, 2007 2:07 am

Dear sir,
I have this problem of pain from urethra for the last 6 months. I consulted many physicians and did the routine urinal test many times and found no infection. i did the scanning and the pictures show that it is chronic epidimytis. But there was hardly any sort of pain from scortum area. The pain usually comes during urinating. Sometiems the pain comes from the base of the urethra, sometiems from the shaft. Sometimes, the pain comes at the shaft, not at the time of urinating also. Nowadays the pain comes from the middle-back of the left thigh also. I feel this thigh-pain the same time I feel the shaft-pain from the left of urethra. Is it really epidymytis or what?. I am seriously confused and concerned. The pain is there even after ejaculation also. The erection increases the pain.. Please help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 am

User avatar Your symptoms are possibly consistent with chronic epididymitis. I am less familiar with the chronic form. I would recommend that you see a urologist for further testing.

Of note, when testing for prostatitis, etc. the first part of the urine stream must be caught (not the middle of the stream as with most urine collections).