Doctors Lounge - Urology AnswersBack to Urology Answers List
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.
Date of last update: 8/13/2017.
Forum Name: Urology Topics
Question: testicle / stomach pain - tests normal
|carpediem1940 - Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 pm||
I'm having pretty strong pain in my left-testicle. It started out what felt like a pulled muscle. (about 2 years ago). Now, I get dull aches.
- left testicle only - it feels like a dull swelling-outward pain
- causes stomach pain & diarrhea
- semen volume is about 1/3 of normal
Most days it's tolerable, but it's considerably worse if:
- i'm stressed
- i get little sleep
- i have a stomachache ( they seem to go hand-in-hand )
What's been done:
- originally treated at epididymitis w/ doxycycline (5 days), then 7 days of levaquin, then 30 days of cipro. No change.
- one urologist thought it might be prostatitis - another one later took a fluid sample and said he saw no signs of infection (I've probably seen about 5 docs between an ER guy, a normal doc, and 3 urologists)
other tests run:
- ultrasound - no signs of cancer
- hernia - none felt
- mri - back/spine look normal
- urinalysis - no blood, etc.
- prostate fluid sample showed no white blood cells (infection)
Any ideas? This problem seriously makes it hard to function on bad days. I pretty much just end up curling up in a ball holding my stomach and hoping for it to end.
Ibuprofen only mildly helps.
What tests or actions could I take next?
|carpediem1940 - Wed May 23, 2007 5:02 pm||
Haven't seen a reply to this...
Doc, if you're reading but aren't sure, could you at leastlet me know that you read this thread? Seems like the majority of posts here get replies.
I'm really at a loss of what to do next and would love some feedback.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.