Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Burning and Pain in my penis

WillO - Tue May 08, 2007 6:40 pm

Hi, im Will, age 19, Male, I suffer from lots of burning and pain in my penis, has been like this for almost 2yrs now. I went to a urologist and my PCP, both examined me and said it could be a UTI at first, but none of the meds really helped at all, and the urine culture test brings up no results, I havent had any surgeries below my waist, the Urologist put me on Detrol LA but it doesnt help the burning or pain and the Dr is thinkin its in my head and/or stress related, but for such a long period of time of experiencing this I hope its not just that, do you have any ideas? or suggestions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 pm

User avatar I really don't have a good explanation for your pain. Your urologist may want to do an endoscopy with a small camera and look at the urethral lining to see if there is any inflammation or something that could be causing your pain.

Sorry I can't be more help. Best wishes.