Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Burning and Pain in my penis

WillO - Tue May 08, 2007 6:40 pm

Hi, im Will, age 19, Male, I suffer from lots of burning and pain in my penis, has been like this for almost 2yrs now. I went to a urologist and my PCP, both examined me and said it could be a UTI at first, but none of the meds really helped at all, and the urine culture test brings up no results, I havent had any surgeries below my waist, the Urologist put me on Detrol LA but it doesnt help the burning or pain and the Dr is thinkin its in my head and/or stress related, but for such a long period of time of experiencing this I hope its not just that, do you have any ideas? or suggestions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 pm

User avatar I really don't have a good explanation for your pain. Your urologist may want to do an endoscopy with a small camera and look at the urethral lining to see if there is any inflammation or something that could be causing your pain.

Sorry I can't be more help. Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us