Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: alot of pain

babygirl1987 - Wed May 16, 2007 7:23 am

i am 20 years old, and i have a baby, im female.well i recently got back wit my babys father 2 weeks ago and ever since then i have had this pain peeing sensation..it hurts when i cant pee and its very painful when i do pee!!!! i am having alot of discomfort and the pain is there all day!!! it hurts so bad that i cry!! i have tried cranberry juice and it doesnt seem to work..i think its my bladder and clit area but i don't know!! do you have a suggestions on what it could be or what i should do???? please help thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 26, 2007 9:29 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities for your pain. First is that you have a urine infection. UTI's classically cause pain on urination.

You may also have some inflammation of your urethra. Urethritis can be caused by an infection as well as irritation that can be caused by friction of intercourse (known as honeymoon cystitis).

I would suggest that you see a doctor to be tested for a urine infection as well as STD's that can also cause similar pain. A physical examination will help reveal any signs of skin irritation or possibly a yeast infection of the skin near the urethra. Of course, if your urine is consistent with a UTI a physical exam probably isn't necessary.