Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: soft erections

 rbob - Wed May 16, 2007 8:09 am

I'm a recovering alcoholic, currently taking high blood pressure medication. I can't seem to get full erections, only soft and they go away fast . Would viagra this, or could there be another area I should be looking at ? Any ideas ?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:28 pm

User avatar Viagra may help. I would recommend you see your doctor to discuss your symptoms. There may be other treatments that can help. A urologist may also be helpful.

Best wishes.
 rbob - Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks, I'll make an appointment. I appreicate your help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us