Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: penile discharge when excreting

joker666 - Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am

im male mearly forties no past sti's, i have heart disease narrowing arteries.
i have recently noticed that on occassion when i go to the toilet there is some discharge from the end of my penis, this only seems to happen if i have to strain to excrete.
it is white in appearance and the amount is usually about the size of your thumb nail. i have no pain or discomfort when urinating.
i read somewere that this discharge could be caused just through the act of straining to empty my bowels.
however i did have a one off encounter with a woman a few weeks ago which was unprotected.although i have had this problem long before that encounter.

hope you can help

thanks
joker
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 am

User avatar It is likely that you are seeing some prostatic fluid. Straining places pressure on the prostate and the cowper glands and can cause some release of seminal type fluid.

If you are not experiencing any pain and the discharge is only with straining it is likely not to be a problem. If it worsens or you develop any new symptoms I would recommend that you see a urologist.