Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: irritation after ejaculation

desinjscs - Sat May 19, 2007 3:08 am

I had unprotected anal sex 2 weeks ago. After the incident, I had 3-4 red dots on my penis head which eventually disapeared after soap and water washes for a few days. But I have developed an itchy, irritation feeling after I ejaculate every time. The itchyness is not there if I don't ejaculate. And if I urinate after ejaculation, the itchyness feels a little better. Any idea as to what this could be? I figured it is prolly some sort of infection or fungus problem. Please advise.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 26, 2007 1:02 am

User avatar I would recommend that you be tested for STD's. It is possible that you have a mild urethritis or epidydimitis that is causing some of your pain. These infections generally need antibiotics to clear them up.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us