Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Discomfort near testicle/leg area

justbrowsing75 - Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm

I am 32, male, on no meds, and with no remarkable past diagnoses or family history. The only remarkable recent event is that I traveled to Uruguay recently.

I have flu/cold-like symptoms. More relevant to my question (and probably completely unrelated to that issue), however, is that I have discomfort extending from the base of my penis/testicle area down both my legs for several inches. Where there is discomfort, the skin looks different -- it is wrinkled on the outside and discolored underneath. I wish I could explain it better.

Any ideas what this could be?

What type of physician should I see (I took a guess posting in the urology forum)?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 pm

User avatar If I am understanding your description properly you are having the discomfort in both legs. This may be related to a nerve compression at the spine. If you develop incontinence or difficulty urinating you should go to the emergency room as it may be that you have a condition called cauda equina syndrome that can be serious.

Otherwise I think the best place to start is with a urologist. They may refer you to a neurologist if they are unable to explain your symptoms.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us