Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Discomfort near testicle/leg area

justbrowsing75 - Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm

I am 32, male, on no meds, and with no remarkable past diagnoses or family history. The only remarkable recent event is that I traveled to Uruguay recently.

I have flu/cold-like symptoms. More relevant to my question (and probably completely unrelated to that issue), however, is that I have discomfort extending from the base of my penis/testicle area down both my legs for several inches. Where there is discomfort, the skin looks different -- it is wrinkled on the outside and discolored underneath. I wish I could explain it better.

Any ideas what this could be?

What type of physician should I see (I took a guess posting in the urology forum)?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 pm

User avatar If I am understanding your description properly you are having the discomfort in both legs. This may be related to a nerve compression at the spine. If you develop incontinence or difficulty urinating you should go to the emergency room as it may be that you have a condition called cauda equina syndrome that can be serious.

Otherwise I think the best place to start is with a urologist. They may refer you to a neurologist if they are unable to explain your symptoms.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us