Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Urgent test question

Poda - Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:10 am

I have a test on Monday and I think it's too late to ask the doc this. I have no known urological condition just problems urinating, so the doc wants to take a closer look with something he's calling "cystoscopy with bilateral retrograde pyelogram". I'm wondering what the likelihood something like a stent or catheter will be left in my body afterwards? I'm hoping nothing will be, but I'm wondering if any doctors know the usual protocol of these tests.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:18 am

User avatar Hello,

You may be interested in reading our brief article about cystoscopy.htm" class="postlink">cystoscopy.

Bilateral retrograde pyelogram means he will inject a dye and then take x-rays later on to view the patency and function of the ureters and kidneys.

It is very hard to imagine any instrument being left in your body after this procedure.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us