Question: penis pain

concerned girlfriend - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:49 pm

my boyfriend is 35 years old and has type 2 diabetes. He experiences pain in the shaft of his penis after every ejaculation. It also occurs from any pressure ie: sleeping on stomach, wearing jeans etc... We have seen a urologist psa was normal, and he was put on doxycycline for 10 days. The pain did dissipate for a couple of weeks, but then returned again. The urologist was stumped. He has no health insurance so expensive tests aren't an option. Any suggestions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:50 pm

User avatar An infection could cause this pain although the medication he took is a pretty good one for these type of infections.

Another possibility would be some nerve damage related to the diabetes which can cause a peripheral neuropathy.

My best advise is to continue to follow up with the urologist if possible.

concerned girlfriend - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:32 pm

I believe my 36 year-old boyfriend has nerve damage due to diabetes (type II). Is there anything that can reverse the nerve damage? He suffers from pain in his penis shaft from wearing jeans or after an ejaculation. He has trouble at times keeping an erection during sex and has not had "morning wood" in months. Any suggestions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, peripheral nerve damage from diabetes is often not reversible. Keeping good control of his blood sugars may help prevent further damage (although sometimes with normal sugars nerve damage can develop).

I would recommend he see a urologist. There may be some symptomatic treatments that can help his pain and other issues.

SS123 - Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:39 pm

I am a 32 year old Male. I have a very active sex life with my girlfriend. I went away with my girlfriend on the weekend and enjoyed several extended lovemaking sessions. Last night during intercourse I experenced some pain, but this did not affect my erection. After I edjaculated my penis became very sore and showed some signs of being swollen. This morning my penis is so sore, it aches, and is quite swollen. The whole penis isn't swollen, just from about 1/2 way along the shaft towards the head (My penis is 9 inches long erect, and it is swollen for approx 3 inches from the middle to just below the head). There doesn't seem to be any visible bruising. Because it is so swollen it is very difficult to pull my foreskin back. I have never experenced any problems with injurys to my penis before, I am not on any medications or drugs, I have no current medical conditions. I am very concerned about what could of happened and would like some advise as to what it could be, anything that I can do to help it. Do you recommend that I see a doctor? I am quite embarressed about going to one, but I will if you think it is necessary.