Question: Protein in urine

long6958 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi I am a 26 yr old male with no health issues. I had a physical and drug test and the doctors found high levels of protein in my urine. I did have sex the morning before the test is it possible this caused the protein?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:30 pm

User avatar There are many possible causes for protein in the urine. Exercise is a common cause. Part of the answer to your question also revolves around how much protein is in the urine.

I would recommend that you repeat the urine analysis in 1-2 weeks to see if it has resolved. If it has, I wouldn't worry about it. If it hasn't you may need to have further work up to determine the cause.