Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: skin problems on my testicle

 no0dles130 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 am

i am 21 years old and i have this white spot on my skin, its not pimple like or anything its just that the skin part is white. Mainly everything else is brown except that part of my left testicle is white and i get alot of white hair on that part of the skin too . i had it since i was 8 and ive been to doctors before but they didnt say much about it. i also get alot of rashes around my body including my testicles .
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:08 pm

User avatar Hi No0dles130,

The area of skin that you are noticing is probably an area where the pigment cells did not migrate. Areas like this are relatively common and harmless.

If the area begins to spread it may actually be a skin condition called vitiligo. This is a condition where the pigment actually begins to fade and leave the skin. It can ultimately be extensive or may remain small. There are some treatments for this condition that have varying success rates.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us