Question: Getting rid of a skin bridge

mowzer - Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:59 pm

I have come to realize that I have a skin bridge on my penis. I never knew what it was until a little bit ago when I did a little research. There is only 1 section, probably 1/4 inch long or so. I would like to get it cut but I have a few questions. To me it seems like it would be quite simple to get rid of. Just a little slice. So Im going to try and locate a urologist in my area. Do they do this sort of thing? And about the procedure, how much does it cost? Im 19 so Im really hoping this isnt very expensive as my money goes towards school. About how long does the operation take? Do they use anesthetics? After it is done, do I have to take any pain killers or is it not painful? Those are a few questions I can think of now. Sorry if my entire post just seems like a list of questions. I truly appreciate the help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:31 pm

User avatar Hi Mowzer,

A urologist is the correct doctor to see. This is a relatively simple procedure and can probably be taken care of in the office. They will likely use some local anesthesia. It should not be very painful afterwards.

I am not aware of how much this would cost. If you have insurance it will likely pay for most of it.