Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: foreskin comes off penis easily

worried123 - Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 pm

20 year old male

Whenever I wake up with an erection, the foreskin on the tip of my penis is always pulled back, making me feel uncomfortable at times. I am forced to pull the foreskin to the tip of my penis whenever this happens which is annoying. So, what can I do to treat this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 pm

User avatar Hi Worried123,

Some men have normally shorter foreskins that allows the tip of the penis to be seen when erect.

If, however, the skin is tight and will not move forward on its own there is a risk that it may become caught behind the head of the penis cutting off blood flow. This is a surgical emergency.

If you find that your foreskin is tight you should see your doctor or a urologist for an evaluation. This may need to be treated to prevent it from becoming stuck behind the head of the penis.