Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Very painful and swollen penis.

SS123 - Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:46 pm

I am a 32 year old Male. I have a very active sex life with my girlfriend. I went away with my girlfriend on the weekend and enjoyed several extended lovemaking sessions. Last night during intercourse I experenced some pain, but this did not affect my erection. After I edjaculated my penis became very sore and showed some signs of being swollen. This morning my penis is so sore, it aches, and is very swollen. The whole penis isn't swollen, just from about 1/2 way along the shaft towards the head (My penis is 9 inches long erect, and it is swollen for approx 3-4 inches from around middle to just below the head). There doesn't seem to be any visible bruising. Because it is so swollen it is very difficult to pull my foreskin back. I have never experenced any problems with injurys to my penis before, I am not on any medications or drugs, I have no current medical conditions. I am very concerned about what could of happened and would like some advise as to what it could be, anything that I can do to help it. Do you recommend that I see a doctor? I am quite embarressed about going to one, but I will if you think it is necessary.

Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:38 pm

User avatar Hi SS123,

It may be that you have ruptured a blood vessel. It is also possible to fracture the penis.

I would recommend you see a doctor for an evaluation. Significant swelling can cause problems with circulation to the penis.