Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Pain in Left Testical with bloody sperm ?

nycrealtor - Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:59 am

43 year old hypochondriac Realtor here :)
I have had pain in my left testical on and off for 20 years. Usually minow dull ache. When I was younger I was severly constipated and believe I have a varicocele as I have the classic "bundle of worms" that disapear when I lie down. Anyway, the last few weeks the pain has returned, and so has the constipation. The other day while pushing very hard to force a stool, a very thick dark yellow secretion came out of my penis. Looked almost bloody. I havent had sex in a while also. Yesterday is happened again, this time it was just a tiny speck, jelly like in consistency, but blood red. Also the left testical pain is there. Does this sound like cancer or infection? There is no changes in the testical size and no bumps or masses as far as I feel. Tonight as I lie in bed typing the pain in my left scrotum is radiating to my lower stomach and back. My health insurance doesnt kick in till sept 1, so If I go now to the doctor, and its just an infection, fine I can pay for it, but od forbid its serious, then the insurance wont cover it next month because they will say its pre-existing. So if its minor I can go now, or if its serious I should wait 3 weeks. Any advice would be apreciated
 nycrealtor - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:42 am

I just want to add, I am 43 (did I already mention that) and my PSA was just done and it was good (around .50) and I have a colonoscopie 2 months ago.
 nycrealtor - Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:48 pm

I went to the ER today, The doctor checked my testical, said there are no unusual masses or anyhting. He didnt even see a varicocele ? He did a urinalisis. He thinks the pain is just strain caused by being constipation. He felt that a sonogram was not secessary, and he said the blood is inconsequential because it was just an isolated event and not ongoing. He said if it continues to bother be follow up with my doctor. I am disapointed, if he had said it was an infetion I would at least know where I stand, now I feel he may have overlooked something. Any advice please?
 nycrealtor - Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:40 pm

I noticed that on the discharge papers om the hospital, the doctor wasnt even a doctor, he was a PE !! (whatever that is)
Now I am sure he missed something