Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Sore wont heal ...

htc123 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi, I'm an uncut, 25 year old male, without previous diagnosis or surgeries ...

I have a raised bump on the top of the shaft of my penis, perhaps about 2mm below where the head and shaft meet. The bump seems to be a build up of scar tissue (has no feeling and is lighter in colour) and sometimes oozes tiny amounts of fluid (lymph?) through a small hole (about the size of a pin prick). I have had this "sore" for a while (months), and it hasn't grown in size or spread.

Could someone please suggest what this might be, and if it is treatable ?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 pm

User avatar It could be some kind of cyst, likely harmless, but a urologist would be the one to make this determination. I would recommend getting an appointment.
 htc123 - Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:50 pm

As it happens, I managed to visit one today. He says it is most likely to be a wart, and would need to be removed. I am going in, in a weeks time for a routine procedure under a local anesthetic. He seems pretty confident, so I hope all goes well.

Thanks for coming back to me.