Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Sore wont heal ...

htc123 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi, I'm an uncut, 25 year old male, without previous diagnosis or surgeries ...

I have a raised bump on the top of the shaft of my penis, perhaps about 2mm below where the head and shaft meet. The bump seems to be a build up of scar tissue (has no feeling and is lighter in colour) and sometimes oozes tiny amounts of fluid (lymph?) through a small hole (about the size of a pin prick). I have had this "sore" for a while (months), and it hasn't grown in size or spread.

Could someone please suggest what this might be, and if it is treatable ?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 pm

User avatar It could be some kind of cyst, likely harmless, but a urologist would be the one to make this determination. I would recommend getting an appointment.
 htc123 - Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:50 pm

As it happens, I managed to visit one today. He says it is most likely to be a wart, and would need to be removed. I am going in, in a weeks time for a routine procedure under a local anesthetic. He seems pretty confident, so I hope all goes well.

Thanks for coming back to me.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us