Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: testicular appendice torsion

stratton46 - Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Will this go away on its own? I just got my wisdom teeth removed two days after getting an ultra sound on my testis in which case both epididymi were swollen and doctor said it is most likely to be testicular appendice torsion. I am now on pain relievers, antibiotics, and ibuprofen for my mouth and i was wondering if this will help my testicle problem heal to.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:27 am

User avatar Hi Stratton46,

Torsed appendix testes will resolve on their own. Essentially the appendix testis is accessory and is not needed. When it torses, it twists its blood vessels causing blood flow to it to be cut off. This can cause pain until the appendix testis dies. At this point it simply is resorbed by the body.

No treatment is necessary other than pain control. Your wisdom teeth treatment may help in terms of pain. The antibiotics will neither hurt nor help the testis.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us