Question: Pinkish thing in butt crack

pngman - Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:33 am

My wife was complaining about her butt hurting and had me take a look. There is this pink thing growing that is about a inch long. She says she just noticed it hurting 2 days ago while wiping. She is 40 years old and is currently pregnant, so not sure if that has something to do with it. She is not on any medications. Thank you in advance,

Kevin
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:33 pm

User avatar Hi Kevin,

Your wife may have a hemorrhoid. They very commonly develop during pregnancy.

I would suggest your wife have her obstetrician evaluate this when she is in or sooner if it is too painful for her.