Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Sore and pain on penis

duke85 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Im 22 years old. after alot of sex in a short period of time, I developed this sore under the skin of my shaft. If feels like a scab under the skin. Its 3/4 inch long. It hurts during sex. Maybe a vein but don't see or feel one around it. veins move with the skin but it doesn't. Anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it? Married for awhile so most likely not a std.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:18 pm

User avatar Hi Duke85,

You may have torn a small blood vessel that caused a small hematoma (blood clot) under the skin. It may also be that you damaged some of the connective tissue of the penis that is now healing.

If this does not get better slowly or if it gets worse I would recommend you see a doctor. I would expect it to heal similar to a cut in the skin regarding time frame.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us