Question: Sore and pain on penis

duke85 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Im 22 years old. after alot of sex in a short period of time, I developed this sore under the skin of my shaft. If feels like a scab under the skin. Its 3/4 inch long. It hurts during sex. Maybe a vein but don't see or feel one around it. veins move with the skin but it doesn't. Anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it? Married for awhile so most likely not a std.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:18 pm

User avatar Hi Duke85,

You may have torn a small blood vessel that caused a small hematoma (blood clot) under the skin. It may also be that you damaged some of the connective tissue of the penis that is now healing.

If this does not get better slowly or if it gets worse I would recommend you see a doctor. I would expect it to heal similar to a cut in the skin regarding time frame.