Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Broken penis?

 rac83 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:28 am

ok. so ive been having a bit of trouble recently
it started with a little bit of discharge and an itchy feeling then burning while urinating so at first i thought it was just some chlamydia that i may have contracted a during a threesome a couple weeks prior, but then i noticed pain when i got an erection it took a couple days for this to appear, and remembered a couple nights ago me and my wife were having sex, she was on top and it poped out and she came down on it and it did make a pop sound, it didnt really hurt that much, i was able to finish and i thought nothing of it, but now i can tell that there was damage. when i get an erection it kind of bends downward, and hurts, it was the under part of the penis that was injured about 2/3s the way up and there is extreme pain when i get a full erection, er well close to full erection and especially if i lift my penis toward my belly while its even slightly erect. its been about 3 weeks since the incident and it seems to be improving a little but there is quite a bit of discharge it started out kind of yellow and now it is white, also there is a small discoloration kind of like a bruise where it feels like it was injured, i cant feel anything hard but it is making my penis bend downward a bit, ive done a bit of research on peyronies disease and im hoping that it heals 100% but my question is there anything a doctor could do to help me? how long may it be for the pain during erections to go away ? and am i injuring it more by getting erections? and what sort of care might i try to go about to help this heal, i don't want it to heal to where i have a bend in my penis. is stretching good or bad at this point? any advice would help me out thanks in advance
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:14 pm

User avatar The pain and sound are produced by a rupture of the tunica albuginea, which is stretched tightly during the time of an erection. Most cases of "fractured penis" caused by sexual activity will heal without problems. Possible complications include: infection and erectile dysfunction due to blockage of the nerve or blood supply to the penis. Sometimes surgery is needed to repair damage.

Since you do have a discharge and still have pain, I would suggest you have it checked out with a urologist.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us