Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Penis Pain Past 8 Months

Recca25 - Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 am

Hi I am kind of stumped on this and so it seems are my doctors,the pain started 8 months ago in my testicles and about 3 months ago moved to the right side of my penis.The pain goes from being sharp,sore,burning and its 24/7 and gets worse if there is any contact to my penis and gets even worse if I get an erection.I have been to my family doctor several times as well as a urologist and I have had an ultrasound,Cat scan,MRI Lower Lombar.The doctors can't seem to figure out whats wrong and I am in dire need of help and its getting unbareble.Today I noticed something new I went to the bathroom to urniate and as I finished I was leaving and felt a pain as if I had to go again really bad but all that came what was what seemed to be semen while I was flaccid.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm

User avatar Hi Recca25,

It sounds as if you may have some nerve damage. You may want to see a neurologist. Perhaps a medication that is more aimed at nerve pain may help. Your doctor may want to prescribe something like this to help.

Best wishes.
 Recca25 - Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm

If it is some sort of nerve damage is their anything that can be done to fix it instead of just trying to cover up the pain for the rest of my life.I am currently seeing a Neurologist for various things including seizures which he has me on Topamax for.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, if it is pain due to some nerve damage there isn't much that can be done for it. Unlike the spinal cord, though, peripheral nerves do tend to ultimately heal. It is a very slow process and can take over a year for this to fully happen.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us